There are thousands of refugees that live in the Kansas City metro that have fled their native country looking for a fresh start and a supportive community to live in. Chief Properties serves these refugee & migrant families by helping them develop housing communities. We’re a Social Enterprise Real Estate Brokerage. Our Services can include:
Purchasing A Home
- Facilitating the translation process by partnering refugee & migrant families with translators & interpreters
- Helping clients obtain financing through:
- Income verification
- Proof of employment
- Legal status/identification
- Proof of residence
- Alternative Credit – helping people build alternative lines of credit from utilities, car insurance, phone bills, etc.
- Credit Repair
- Finding/building housing that meets their unique needs
- Facilitating home repairs/improvements
- New home construction
- Shopping for home owner’s insurance
- Advocacy & professional representation
- Managing the real estate purchase transaction by coordinating:
- Home inspections
- Lenders & Loan Approvals
- Subsidy assistance (when needed)
- Underwriting (loan & subsidy)
- Title work
After the Sale
- Providing the homeowners with a home ownership guidebook
- Providing follow up consultation & support
- Home maintenance training through one on one training
- Collaborating with non-profits for finance training
- Teaching Citizenship Classes and English courses
- Helping move furniture into temporary housing when refugees families first arrive
- Providing weekly classes on how to buy a home
- Providing support & participate in various programs facilitated by New Roots For Refugee Program, Catholic Charities & Jewish Vocational Services, and Open Door Refugee Ministries.
- We collaborate and serve alongside various ethnic churches, as well as other organizations like Mission Adelante, Unified Government of Kansas City, Kansas, Downtown Shareholders Alliance, Bethel Neighborhood Center & CHWC to improve the communities we collectively serve.
- Providing skilled trade work and general labor for refugees & migrants.
- Working with refugee/migrant communities to find commercial buildings for Churches, grocery stores, investment portfolios, business ventures & rental properties.
- Facilitating the rehabilitation of homes & revitalization of the blighted areas of Kansas City where refugees live & work
- Helping approximately 60- 80 refugee / migrant families per year purchase homes
- Concentrating on revitalizing specific neighborhoods to establish a sense of community for refugee groups
- Working with refugees / migrants from Burma (Myanmar), Nepal, Iraq, Somalia, Congo, Bhutan & others
- Our efforts are helping the refugee /migrant communities establish roots into neighborhoods & the larger community. We encourage our clients to meet their neighbors as well as BE good neighbors. We’re helping our clients know the community importance of being a great homeowner.
- We’re helping raise the tax base of the local economy, providing jobs within our brokerage, investing back into the refugee & migrant communities and helping revitalize the parts of the city that has longed suffered urban decay.
If you’d like the opportunity to serve with some of our trusted collaborators – contact the links below:
- Catholic Charities: https://www.catholiccharitiesks.org/
- Mission Adelante: http://www.missionadelante.org/
- Jewish Vocational Services: http://www.jvskc.org/
- Bethel Neighborhood Center: http://www.bethelcenter.org/
- Open Door Refugee Ministries: http://www.opendoorkansascity.com/
- New Roots for Refugees: http://newrootsforrefugees.blogspot.com/
- Community Housing of Wyandotte County – CHWC: http://www.chwckck.org/
Here are just a few photos of the 40+ families we help purchase homes annually.